Room 443, in the DMF Center for Science and Mathematics (near the Rondileau Campus Center).
- Tuesday and Friday 3:30-4:30pm, and Thursday 2:00-3:00pm.
You can also drop in and ask me a question:
- Any time you find me in my office (DMF 443).
- The Syllabus for Math 261. This is your source for course pacing, grading, and some helpful hints on group work and studying.
Trigonometric Review Videos
Be very comfortable
with the contents of Videos #1-#5 and especially video #8
Homework, Quizzes, and Exams
Selected Class Handouts and Worksheets:
- Class 01 and 02: Parametric Curves
- This video shows (i) how to use use trigonometry to plot a tricky parametric curve, and (ii) how to use trigonometric identities to find a cartesian equation for the curve. (Note: there is a typo at 8:40 in the video, which is fixed in the PDF notes)
Important Textbook Information
You will need both the textbook, and a lot of paper for notes, homework, and scrap paper.
Textbook: Any version of Calculus 2nd edition by Rogawski except for versions labeled "single variable".
We will not need the online access code, so you may purchase a used book. But make sure you purchase the correct edition. Also be sure to select fast shipping. You will need the book early in the class.